Sunday, April 15

Craftsy Online Classes: Sewing Studio

Craftsy offered their online classes at 50% off today, so I decided to take the plunge and purchase one. I had been thinking about signing up for a class since I opened my PDF pattern shop on Craftsy to improve my clothes making skills.


I chose the Sewing Studio class by Diana Rupp because it takes you through making a pencil skirt. I really wanted to learn the basics of sewing clothes and adjusting a commercial pattern to fit. If you are going to purchase this class just be aware that the pattern she will be using for the pencil skirt is from her book, Sew Anything Workshop (which you can buy on Craftsy at a  discount).

I think I will try to follow her directions with a skirt pattern I already purchased (the Cute Skirts pattern from Favorite Things Patterns). The big thing for me is to learn about making a muslin properly and adjusting patterns to fit my body.

This will be my first Craftsy online sewing class (in fact my first sewing class ever outside of the one week in home economics in high School), so I am curious about how it goes. I do like how the class is a collection of videos that you can watch whenever you want and how many times you want. This will work well with my late night bursts of energy! I will make sure to post a review when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...